Together, we can move mountains. Literally.
A small neighborhood called Floral Farms in Southern Dallas was thrust into the spotlight when over 100,000 tons of asphalt shingles were illegally dumped in the community, creating a 60-foot-tall ‘Shingle Mountain’.
After inaction from officials, the community organized to bring national attention to the crisis, and move the mountain. Now, they’re advocating for a park.
Because it’s the right thing to do.
- A chance to right a wrong done to residents and the environment.
- An opportunity to uplift the history of Black and Latinx rodeo culture.
- A win-win for trail way connectivity projects in Oak Cliff and the Trinity River.
- A precedent for equitable neighborhood-led planning across Dallas.
- Kids should be able to play without fear of trucks or asthma.
- Parents should be able to spend quality time with their children outdoors.
- Seniors should be able to socialize independently in communal spaces.
Keep up with Floral Farms.
Check out the latest with the project! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.